[Unlock Answer From @10/Pg] Least Three Additional Related
Prior to attempting this assignment, please review the website http://www.incits.org/standards-information/Links to an external site.. The use of voluntary consensus standards such as Health Level Seven (HL-7) are developed by accredited Standards Developing Organizations (SDOs) such as the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). These standards are necessary to facilitate interoperability between health information systems. For this assignment, you will use any health information technology website to research commonly used interoperability standards and vocabulary. You will also define each term and select and justify what you feel are the three most important terms.
- Suggested websites include www.healthit.govLinks to an external site., www.himss.orgLinks to an external site., www.ahima.orgLinks to an external site., and www.ansi.orgLinks to an external site..
- You must include the following words and acronyms in your definition section of your paper: ANSI, HL-7, W3C, UMLS, ASTM, MeSH, ISO, SGML, XML.
- Add at least three additional related acronyms found on the Incits web pageLinks to an external site. (http://www.incits.org/).
- Start a new paragraph and define each of the acronyms above and relate the standard to how it is used.
- Explain the role of the standard in healthcare operations.
- Explain why the three standards you selected are the most important.
- Must be two to three pages in length, excluding title and references pages, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that explains the importance of using common standards in health care.
- Utilize a minimum of three scholarly sources, excluding the textbook.
- Must end with a conclusion that explains what you learned in this assignment.
Carefully review the Grading RubricLinks to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.