[Unlock Answer From @10/Pg] Irvine Welsh · Wuthering
we will discuss accents and dialects in literature. The following are a list of potential authors and works you can use for this assignment. I tried to choose works that you might easily find excerpts online. You are not required to use someone from this list, but this is a good range of different types of accents and dialects.
Authors Who Use Accents and Dialects
· Mark Twain: Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
· Toni Morrison: The Bluest Eye
· Trainspotting: Irvine Welsh
· Wuthering Heights: Emily Bronte
· Tess of the d’Urbervilles: Thomas Hardy
· Anything by Shakespeare
Choose an author and find a brief excerpt online of one of their works. Choose a paragraph or two from their work and paste it into the discussion. Don’t forget to cite it. Then, answer the following questions about the excerpt you chose.
- What accent or dialect did this author use?
- What does the accent or dialect convey about the character(s) in this excerpt?
- Do you think the author uses the accent or dialect effectively? Why or why not?