[Unlock Answer From @10/Pg] Following Key Elements Counselor
you will reflect on the significance of a professional counselor’s identity. You will also explore the connection between a counseling identity and the pursuit of your goals within the field. Think about how your personal values and personality may or may not inform your thinking about your professional identity.
Read “A Vision for the Future of Counseling: The 20/20 Principles for Unifying and Strengthening the Profession” from the Journal of Counseling & Development. This article explains how multiple counseling organizations collaborated to shape a collective counseling identity for counselors everywhere.
Note: To learn more about ACA 20/20 Vision, read the links listed on the 20/20: A Vision for the Future of Counseling page.
700- to 1,050-word explaining counselor identity and counseling careers.
Include the following key elements
- Counselor Identity
- Explain the concept of counseling as a professional identity. What does it mean to have a professional identity as a counselor? Why is a professional counseling identity important?
- How does adhering to a counseling code of ethics support your professional counseling identity?
- Counseling Careers
- Reflect on the scope of practice you researched in the Wk 1 assignment, and describe three of the duties of a professional counselor.
- Describe at least two career paths you want to pursue after graduation.
- Describe two professional settings you would consider after graduation, and explain why they are of interest to you.