[Unlock Answer From @10/Pg] Conditions Including Error Conditions
NOTE: This is a little different than what is described in video.
Create one script that does two things. It creates a backup of your directory or performs a security check to be sure the files have not been changed without you knowing.
Your script must do the following:
1) If the user indicates option 1 on the command line, it performs a backup of your home directory structure.
2) If the user indicates option 2 on the command line, to does a security check. The script checks if any files in a directory have changed (use sha1sum and diff). You will need to create a temporary file to hold the new data so you can compare the two. You code should also do the following:
- Create a maintenance log of who (username) and when (date) the hash checks were completed. Store the date and name in a file called maintenance. If the file already exists the code should append to the end.
- Make sure you check to be sure if you can read the file and you can write to it before doing it. If you can’t print out an error.
- The script should print out the name of the file(s) that changed and its old and new hash.
- Prove that your code works:
- Show maintenance log
- Show all conditions including error conditions working