[Unlock Answer From @10/Pg] Centered Nursing Process Approach
It is nearly impossible to learn EVERYTHING about EVERY SINGLE drug we encounter. While it is important for us to look up select information about unfamiliar medications we administer, we can know the general indications and nursing interventions related to a drug if we learn key information about the drug classifications. For this assignment, you will be collecting information about different groups of drugs, or drug classifications, found in your Pharmacology textbook and creating a PowerPoint presentation (5-10 slides long).
Choose a drug classification (Examples: Typical or Atypical Antipsychotics, Anxiolytics, SSRI, Tricyclic Antidepressants, MAOI, mood stabilizers, opiates, NSAIDs, etc.) that is discussed in Unit Six or Unit Seven in Pharmacology: A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach textbook and then use your Davis’s Drug Guide or another SCHOLARLY source to provide the following information:
- Summary of the Drug Classification (what different medical conditions are these drugs used to treat?) and list the names of 2-4 drugs in your chosen drug classification
- Typical routes of administration
- Common side effects and adverse effects common for the drug classification
- Special considerations (caution with renal or liver insufficiency, harmful drug-drug interactions, etc.)
- Common Nursing interventions and important client teaching
Please DO NOT just copy/paste your information from your textbook or drug guide–put the information into your own words. You DO NOT need to use APA formatting for your submission (because this is a PowerPoint), but please do include your references (in APA format) in the last slide.