[Unlock Answer From @10/Pg] Americans Desire Increased Quality
Within the last 10 years, the health care industry has seen big changes, not only in philosophy, but also with the implementation of the Affordable Care Act. There have been changes in political, economic, social, technological, legal, and environmental factors that influence strategic planning. Americans desire increased quality patient care, wellness, and prevention programs. Health care organizations are seeing changes in volume and demographics related to their patients, along with labor and technologies related to the health care organization.
For this assignment, select a health care organization from the following list:
- St. David’s Healthcare
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Massachusetts General Hospital’s Department of Neurology
Imagine you have been selected by the facility’s executive committee to develop a strategic plan that aligns to the organization’s mission and vision. Use critical thinking skills and research current events of your chosen organization to prepare your assignment.
Write an 8–10 page strategic plan. Your plan must include the elements listed below. Note that the instructions correspond to the grading criteria for this assignment. You may also want to review the performance-level descriptions for each criterion in the scoring guide to see how your work will be assessed:
- Differentiate between strategic management, strategic thinking, strategic planning, and managing strategic momentum.
- Propose one specific analytical tool suitable for use as an adaptive strategy that will be the most effective in helping an organization achieve its strategic plan.
- Propose the manner and provide an example of how the selected analytical tool will be used to support the strategic proposal.
- Research three internal and three external factors that could become barriers to the success of the proposed strategic plan.
- Recommend at least one solution to each of the possible barriers to implementing your proposed strategic plan.
- Determine the specific segment of the market that your organization’s strategic plan will target.
- Recommend the most effective approach to marketing your strategic plan and provide examples.
- Use at least three quality academic resources.