[Unlock Answer From @10/Pg] American Nurses Association Identify
In order to influence policy, you have to understand how a bill is started, moves through the legislative system, and finally enacted. In this assignment, you will trace a piece of legislation from introduction to how it impacts health care or nursing practice. Develop the assignment as if it will be used during a presentation at a conference or poster presentation.
Step 1: Identify a bill that relates to health care, a social issue, or nursing practice. You may select a federal or state bill
Step 2: Develop a poster presentation, infographic, FAQ document, or pamphlet which outlines how the bill was introduced and the process for approval by including answers to the following questions:
- State the legislation name and summarize the purpose of the bill
- Who introduced/sponsored the bill?
- Where was it introduced? (U.S. Congress or a state legislature)
- Who helped to draft the legislation?
- Did nursing organizations such as the American Nurses Association identify support or opposition for the law? Look at two or more organizations, and you may need to review their lobbying information. If you can not find any evidence related to the legislation, list the organizations that you reviewed.
- Which congressional or legislature committees were involved?
- What happened to the legislation after it was introduced? Was it passed, enacted, or funded? If yes, when did it take effect?
- What is the impact on health care or nursing practice?