[UNLOCK ANSWER @10/PG]: Discussion
In this discussion, you will examine how leadership influences organizational culture overall and specifically as it relates to inclusion of diverse people. You will explain why it is important for leaders to be inclusive of diverse people and cultures, and any personal experience you have with this. Finally, you will do some research and generate a list of ways leaders can be inclusive and authentic in their leadership. This list will be useful to identify ways you can enhance your own leadership in these areas.
Prior to attempting this discussion forum,
- Read the required sections from Chapters 9, 12, and 14 from Leadership: Theory and Practice.
- Read Chapter 10 in An Introduction to Leadership.
- Consider your own experience observing and experiencing leaders’ support for diversity and inclusion in an organization of your choice.
- Find at least one resource (either scholarly or non-scholarly) on inclusive and authentic leadership.
In your initial discussion forum post,
- Thinking about the organization you have chosen to focus on, discuss how leadership influences organizational culture overall, and, specifically, as it relates to inclusion of diverse people.
- Explain why it is important for leaders to be inclusive of diverse people and cultures, and any personal experience you have with this.
- Generate a list of four to six ways leaders can be inclusive and authentic in their leadership, based on information you have learned in the materials in this course.
|Reminder: Cite at least one scholarly or non-scholarly resources that supports your discussion.|
Guided Response: Reply to at least two of your peers by 11:59 p.m. on Day 7 of the week. In your replies to colleagues,
- Provide one to two additional insights or counterpoints, or share research to build on the discussion.
- Discuss other ways leaders can be authentic and inclusive.